Website Rhizome Consulting
Rhizome Consulting is a boutique management consulting firm providing organisational development and human capital solutions. We help organisations to improve their performance through analysis of their human capital potentials and challenges.
The position holder will be responsible for leading and managing the overall operations of organisation in Nigeria. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in management, including programme planning, budgeting, project implementation, and monitoring and evaluation. S/he will strategically lead the development and implementation of the client’s programme in Nigeria with the support of a multi-disciplinary in-country team, ensuring alignment with the strategic plan and organisational direction as well as country strategy. S/he also have a proven track record in developing and maintaining partnerships with government agencies, local communities, and other key stakeholders.
- Lead the development, implementation, and review of country strategy and operational plans, including country strategic priorities, annual workplan and budget, aligned to the organisation’s strategic plan.
- Facilitate the employment, development, and performance management of in-country staff, improving organisational, team, and individual performance while promoting teamwork and the values, mission, vision and culture of the client.
- Ensure programme delivery is timely, effective, and in line with established quality standards
- Build, maintain and manage effective and efficient organisational operating systems to support programme service delivery such as finance, administration, IT and HR.
- Ensure the effective use of financial resources at all levels (including the utilisation of budget tracking, expenditure analysis, and forecasting) to support programme service delivery, holding fiduciary responsibility for the Nigerian entity.
- Lead and provide technical oversight to the design, implementation, monitoring, and expansion of the organisation’s programme activities in Nigeria, including strategic innovations related to scaling up of geographical and technical scope
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation systems to ensure effective programme performance and reporting.
- Ensure all programmes comply with local laws, regulations, and policies
- Manage programme budgets effectively to ensure compliance and sustainability
- Build and maintain relationships with media outlets to promote the organisation’s work and increase its visibility.
- Represent the organisation in engaging with international, national, and state-level stakeholders, partners, government and donors in promoting the organisation’s strategic objectives.
- Participate in all business development efforts, including identifying opportunities, designing interventions, creating bid teams, reviewing narratives and budgets, and serving as key personnel.
- A Masters’ degree in public health, international development, management, or a related field
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in evidence-based programming, project management, strategic planning, and capacity building, ideally in public health, HIV, and/or international development
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Demonstrated success in organisational representation, fund development, donor and partner relationship management.
- Experience with public health, government relations, the donor and national leadership context, systems and processes in Nigeria
- Demonstrated experience developing project workplans and writing quality donor reports.
- Knowledge of best practices in crisis communications.
- Passion for and commitment to the organisation’s mission and values.
About the Organisation
The client is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) dedicated to providing humanitarian aid and development support in Nigeria. They operate in various sectors, including health, education, livelihoods, WASH and emergency response. They work in collaboration with local communities, governments, and other organisations to achieve the intended mission.